Do you know the people in your school's neighborhood?
Our Super Super wants us to get to know our community and stay connected. I must say that I agree.
5. We are expected to demonstrate a personal connection to the student's community. This is important to define the student's role as a contributer to that community and encourage the students to do the same.
How this looks?
- Take part in community celebrations
- Get to know parents and community members
- Attend sports or religious events
- Call student's home and discuss the good that is happening at your school
6. We are expected to infuse the knowledge of the history and culture of the students throughout the curriculum.
7. We are expected to respect the home language( Spanish, African American language, etc.) of our students as they master Mainstream American English.
For more information about The Culture and Language Academy of Success (CLAS) click here